Thursday, September 19, 2013

Leeks and a Golden Beet


Sunny, very breezy, and 20 degrees today.

One of the eggplants that shriveled up and turned brown after I doused it with my terrible aphid potion has sprouted new leaves and is recovering.  It's a shame we don't have a longer season - I might have been able to get an eggplant out of this one after all!





I can't bring myself to remove the little eggplants on this plant (two in this picture) even though I know they won't grow any larger.  They're pretty cute.  Maybe next year...





Mid-summer, I planted about 10 Golden Beet seeds.  Here is the first one of those beets.





Some of the leeks I harvested today.  I sliced them, triple-bagged them, and put them in the freezer.  Tomorrow I will give some to my chiropractor, along with a white tomato and some beets.  Hope he likes vegetables.





In the Belly of the Beet.   (Sounds like a thriller)




Saj in the plant room enjoying the first sunshine we've had in two days.




Some Tene's Bean pods I strung on thread to hang to dry.





Saving seeds from our Black Krim tomatoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment