Wednesday, June 25, 2014

First Strawberry of the Season



The first ripe strawberry of the season.  :-)









Our rogue chives along the fence.  The bunch on our neighbour's side is even larger.






Borage.  I think I should have planted these in a larger container.  They look like squash plants, which makes me think they are going to be huge.






The first of four Snowcap pole beans sprouted today!






An unfocused picture, but this is the young crow who likes to harrass Butters and Saj when they are outside and make rude sounds at me as I work.






The potato patch is doing well.  The raspberry patch (closer to the street) desperately needs to be weeded, a task we are both avoiding.  No whipper-snippering for that job.  It requires gloves, lots of bug spray, sometimes clippers, and being on hands and knees for hours.  Best done late at night or early in the morning so one doesn't get sunstroke.  Fun...





Beets!





I don't know what's up with my carrots this year.  Over the past weeks, I've sown three different varieties, three times, and this is what I have to show for it!  Perhaps the shelf-life of carrot seed is shorter than I thought?  The oldest variety I planted is three years old.

Hmm...just looked it up online.  Shelf-life of most properly stored carrot seeds: 3 years.







Strawberry and my little cup of Johnny-Jump-Ups.  :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment