Saturday, May 4, 2013

Another Experiment - China Asters

In early March, on a whim, I bought Aster seeds (Milady Mix) to try to grow this summer.  My success with growing flowers from seed has been hit or miss, as we do not have grow lights or heat mats to help with germination and growth.  The instructions on the packet of seeds said that the seeds should be sown in flats, watered, and then the flats should be kept in the fridge for 8-10 weeks before being removed and put in a sunny, very warm location.

Flats of seeds in our fridge for 2 months?  Wasn't going to happen.  Instead, I tossed the packet of seeds in the fridge for 5 weeks, sowed them in pots in the plant room in the last week of April, and hoped for the best.

This morning, to my delight, I discovered they have sprouted!  I really hope they continue to do well and that they thrive outside.  They are so pretty.   :-)

God willing, this is what they'll look like in a few months...


China Aster - "Milady Mix"




One of my Pineapple tomato seeds has sprouted as well.  A good morning!

.




No comments:

Post a Comment