Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Snow Harvest


Picked yesterday, in the snow.

On the step, a bell pepper plant (an "early" hybrid that turned out not to be early enough), a chili pepper plant, a bucket of assorted green tomatoes, a small cucumber, and a cabbage.  Not shown are two more buckets of green tomatoes I had already taken into the house!






In the bowl and small bucket, a mix of Opalka, Moskvich, Red Brandywine, Paul Robeson, and Emerald Evergreen tomatoes.  In front, a little Red Kuri squash, and a Sweet Meat squash (just over 16 lbs).





I love this squash.  Has a personality all it's own.




I am leaving the beets, turnips, carrots, and leeks where they are.  I trust they will be able to handle a little more cold weather.


1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful! I already cant wait for spring to plant Red Kuri squash and Sweet Meat squash. You are inspiring with your efforts and sharing your experiences. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete