Thursday, July 18, 2013

Unsupervised Wanderings


No furry assistants joined me outside this afternoon while I perused the garden.  They must be snoozing somewhere in the shade.


Some beet greens I picked and steamed this morning.




Some broccoli picked this morning, to be steamed for supper tonight, and cauliflower we picked and blanched yesterday.






More Swiss Giant pansies (and my snazzy new garden clogs, as well).  The large pansies are pretty, but I think my favourites are still the small purple, yellow, and white ones that grow in bunches.





Summer Savory




Current bush




Lacinato ("dinosaur") kale, with collards behind it and Red Russian kale to the right. 

   


Opalka paste tomato.  Neat shape!



Marigolds




Calendula



Lilliput Zinnias





Nasturtiums in the strawberry bed.




Three of the green cabbages have looked sickly...






...thankfully, others are more robust!




Red cabbage




Anasazi beans (no flowers on them, yet).








No comments:

Post a Comment