Sunday, June 21, 2020

Checking on the 'Maters


   The photos of tomatoes I most enjoy looking at are ones that show the wide variety of colours, shapes, and sizes of the fruit.  Tomato plants, with few exceptions, pretty much look the same.  I took a few pictures of the plants today to have on file so I can compare their sizes and growth rates with varieties I grow in the future.  Not so exciting for the non-gardeners among you, but it's helpful to me.  ;)

    The irises have started to open.  They are beautiful; the pictures never do them justice.




   One of the Jewish tomato plants I have on the go.  These will be small, red oxhearts.  The seeds were obtained from a lady in Florida who was hosting a large, generous seed giveaway this past Spring.  This one seems to be a rare variety; there is little information about it online.




Another Jewish tomato




Lou decided to join me in my tour of the tomatoes.




A Hungarian Heart tomato plant (with a bit of sage in the pot beside it).




   The first damselfly of the season!  So pretty.  The picture was taken quickly before it flew away.  Hopefully, more damselflies will visit the garden in the coming weeks and I will be able to capture a clearer picture.




Lou photobombing the picture of the Candy Sweet Icicle plant...




...and the Candy Sweet Icicle without little Lou!




Work Release Paste




Black Sea Man



Bellestar, an open-pollinated determinate paste variety developed in Ontario in the early 1980's.





No comments:

Post a Comment