Thursday, April 25, 2019

Volunteer Garlic


   For the last week or so, I have done daily inspections of the garlic patch in the north garden, looking for new signs of green poking through the straw.  All the while, this hardy little soul was coming up behind me in the south garden.  I thought it was another bit of grass, until I went to weed it yesterday!   That garlic patch was harvested in August and the garden tilled in the Fall.  I must have missed one.  It managed to evade the tiller blades and being frozen during the winter.




   Lou joined me on my morning rounds of the yard.  Rocking my early-morning-perusal attire:  plaid nightgown, sweater, and floral rubber clogs.  Fashion icon, I am not.  The magpies, ravens, and cats don't seem to mind.  :-)




Watching the sun come up.







No comments:

Post a Comment