Friday, May 6, 2022

A Soggy Start to May

  We're starting off May with some very soggy weather.  It's cloudy, raining, and a chilly 4 degrees as I type.  The ground has been saturated by the rain, and the driveway and garden plots are covered in puddles.  The transplants, like me, have had enough of cool overcast weather, but they're holding on.  Most of them are in the plantroom, the room that gets the most light.

 

   

   For some reason, a number of the transplants seemed to stop growing at 2-3" tall and stopped branching.  I composted about 15 of them.  April 20th, I started a fresh batch of Monomakh's Hat, Indigo Pear Drop, and EM-Champion tomato seeds, and started a fresh batch of Early Annie tomato seeds on April 21st.


  

   A week ago, I started some marigolds (Brocade Mix and Queen Sophia) and Calendula (Bon Bon - I believe this is a dwarf variety).  They are under a grow-light in the kitchen, but the marigolds have been slow to germinate.  Too cool for them, I think.

   Off to have a cup of Murchie's hot chocolate, thanks to a surprise package from Mom.  (Their almond anise biscotti is divine, and I'm looking forward to trying the lemon curd!)





No comments:

Post a Comment