Friday, September 20, 2019

How The Garlic Fared


The weather in September, while better than last month, has continued to be damp and drizzly.  All the garlic was finally pulled and hung to dry as best it could by September 15th.

I updated my post about growing garlic from the bulbils obtained from Seeds of Diversity HERE .  Details are in the update; this post is just for the pictures.

The varieties I started from bulbils in 2016...

Kiev (Rocambole)




One of the bulbs was allowed to develop bulbils.




Brown Tempest (Glazed Purple Stripe)



 
Siberian (Marbled Purple Stripe)




Central Siberian (Marbled Purple Stripe)



 
Baba Franchuk's (Rocambole) - This variety might become one I regularly include in my plantings.





Varieties I grow regularly (originally planted from fully-grown cloves)...


Northern Quebec (Porcelain)




Red Russian (Marbled Purple Stripe) - Reliable, and excellent for storing!  It is the variety I grow the most.  Not to be confused with "Russian Red", a rocambole variety.




No comments:

Post a Comment