Friday, June 14, 2019

Rounds With Lou


   Loulou was in a cuddly mood and stuck close today while I made my rounds of the garden. 




   The flower beds look sparse this year.  The two large Silver Mounds that we've had for years didn't survive this past winter, and half the Shasta daisy looks like it is going to croak.  I put some small dahlietta seedlings in one of the beds (those have rocks next to them in the picture) as well as a scented purple petunia (which, sadly, I suspect I am allergic to) from the greenhouse. I planted some Teddybear sunflower seeds along the back of one bed and Dwarf Hollyhock seeds along the back of the other, but haven't seen signs of them yet.  The wooly thyme looks pretty good (it's hard to go wrong with wooly thyme!) and right now it is covered with small, pink flowers.




   Most of the beans are coming up well this year, except for the Kenearly Yellow Eye beans.  Most came up, but about half were lacking the cotyledons (seedling leaves).  I pulled those and replanted, but only one of them has come up.



Lou, wanting in on the attention.



Still waiting for zucchini...



The Dolloff beans have come up (dry/pole).



Having a "salad".



Clacking at a bird?



   I can't wait to see what the Dwarf Sensation cosmos (foreground) look like when they are in bloom.  The foliage is wispy and pretty.




   The Garlic Bulbils log is updated.  I'm eager to see how the bulbs turn out at harvest time, especially the Baba Franchuk's, Kiev, and Brown Tempest varieties.




No comments:

Post a Comment